Assist institutions in developing and deploying large scale Web sites. Additional interest in establishing virtual communities utilizing networked environments.
Since April of 1998, I have worked as the Internet communications coordinator for RTP Company, a Winona based thermoplastics compounder.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of web sites to facilitate marketing and customer service efforts world-wide.
- Constructing an intranet to support field sales personel.
- Converting product documention for international and online use.
- Developing multimedia tools for taining of sales staff and education of customers.
From May 1995 through March 1998, I as the webmaster for WinonaNet, a comprehensive community-based news and information service on the Internet's World Wide Web, operated by the Winona Daily News.
- Performed all aspects of the design and start-up of a 10,000+ document site.
- Selected and applied HTML formatting to re-purposed editorial material.
- Coordinated a team of web designers in the development of original content.
- Ensured site integrity through daily updates and maintenance along with measurement of visitor usage.
- Implemented CGI applications to increase site interactivity and automate operations.
- Initiated and managed relationships with community organizations that use the site and provide content.
- Taught introductory Internet classes within the community.
- Provided technical support for ISP dial-up users on the MacOS platform.
- Designed and managed Web sites for commercial business clients.
- Fluent in HTML through version 3.2 and administration of Web sites on remote Unix servers.
From December 1987 through May 1995, I worked as a photojournalist at the Winona Daily News, a 15,000 circulation morning newspaper in Winona, Minn.
- Performed all forms of editorial photography with an emphasis on prep sports and enterprise features.
- Managed photo lab and coordinated part-time photographers.
- Led transition to digital color photography.
Studied mass communications and history at Winona State University, Winona, Minnesota.
Won twenty-nine awards in state level competition for work in the field of photojournalism from the Minnesota Associated Press Association, Minnesota News Photographers Association and Minnesota Newspaper Association.